Establishment of an ERFP Working Group to support AnGR Cryopreservation Initiatives (CRYO-WG)
project coordinator: Sipke-Joost Hiemstra, NC Netherlands
project duration: since 2007
Evaluation of Current Status of Busha Cattle and develop a regional breeding program for their conservation and sustainable economic use
project coordinator: Kristaq Kume
project duration: 2010-2013
Exchange of recommendations of national advisory bodies on AnGR
Part of the work of the Working Group “In situ conservation and valorisation of AnGR” was to compile relevant documents from national advisory bodies about in situ conservation. A first set of documents can be found below, further documents will be added as new inputs will be sent from the National Coordinators.
- Development plan of the National Program for the conservation, improvement and promotion of livestock breeds (https://www.mapa.gob.es/es/ganaderia/temas/zootecnia/Plan%20Nacional%20Ingles%20Red_tcm30-119131.pdf, source: Zootechnical team of the General Subdirection of Means of Production of the Ministry of Agriculture, fisheries and food of Spain)
- Criteria for considering a breed at risk of endangerment in the official catalogue of livestock (source: Zootechnical team of the General Subdirection of Means of Production of the Ministry of Agriculture, fisheries and food of Spain) Criteria PDF document
- Agrobiodiversity in Southeast Europe – Assessment and Policy Recommendations (source: Rivera F., Gaugitsch,H., Bartel A., Schindler S.) Agrobiodiversity South East PDF document
- Animal genetic resources and animal diseases – need for action for prevention and in the case of an acute disease outbreak (source: German Advisory Board on Animal Genetic Resources) Animal diseases PDF document
- Status, Problems and the Actions Needed on Conservation-Breeding Programmes for Indigenous Farm Animal Breeds Threatened by Extinction (source: German Advisory Board on Animal Genetic Resources) Actions Needed Conservation PDF document
- Activating Consumers for the Conservation of Biodiversity in Agriculture! (source: Scientific Advisory Board on Biodiversity and Genetic Resources at the Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture of Germany) Activating Consumers PDF document
GUIDELINES FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF MATERIAL ACQUISITION AGREEMENTS (MAA)
The aim of this document is to help Genebanks in the process to develop MAA for Material intended to be stored in a Genebank for conservation, sustainable use, research and development of Animal Genetic Resources. These guidelines provide a potential set of elements, which could be incorporated in a MAA.
They could be considered as “tool box” to facilitate process of developing own MAA to be used by a given Genebank.
GUIDELINES FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF MATERIAL TRANSFER AGREEMENT (MTA) FOR CONSERVATION AND BREEDING
The aim of this document is to help Genebanks in the process to develop a MTA for Material intended to be employed for conservation and breeding. These guidelines provide a potential set of elements, which could be incorporated in the MTA. They could be considered as “tool box” to facilitate process of developing own MTA to be used by a given Genebank.