Countries that are part of the European Union are drafting the last amendments to their new Rural Development Programmes (RDP) which will start ...More >
Best practices for in situ conservation and valorisation of AnGR
Census of previous and on-going projects: a result of the in situ Working Group (task 1) – Feel free to contact the ERFP secretariat to improve our list !
- HERITAGESHEEP – 2007 to 2009 – https://www.heritagesheep.net/
- EURECA – 2006 to 2009 – http://www.regionalcattlebreeds.eu/
- Preparatory action on Genetic Resources – 2016 to 2018 – http://www.geneticresources.eu
- TREASURE – 2015 to 2019 – https://treasure.kis.si/
- REDIVERSE – 2017 to 2020 – https://era-susan.eu/content/rediverse
- Bluesel (2010 to 2015) – http://www.bluesel.eu
- BlueSter (2018-2021) – https://www.interreg-fwvl.eu/sites/default/files/bluester_fr.pdf
“Animal Genetic Resources” journal
- Special issue “Adding value” – http://www.fao.org/docs/eims/upload/314794/I3445Tri.pdf
- Adding value to livestock diversity – FAO, 2010 … not in Europe
- FAO success stories- 7 European cases to be uploaded
Baudet du Poitou donkey (France) / Bela Krajina Pramenka Sheep (Slovenie) / Caldela cattle (Spain) / Cika cattle (Slovenie) / Gray Cattle (Turkey) / Krškopolje (black-belted) pig (Slovenie) / Nordland Lyngen horse (Norvege)
The ERFP Working Group Ex situ Conservation has the primary responsibility for this issue. There should be further workshops with internal and external experts to further develop a concept for EUGENA. The ERFP Task Force for Access and Benefit Sharing should take over the development of draft standardized Material Transfer Agreements and Material Acquisition Agreements for further consideration by the Assembly of NCs. Additionally, Common Terms of Agreement and a model Letter of Agreement have to be developed. The objective is the advancement and finalization of the Genebank Network concept leading to establishment of the EUGENA by a formal agreement among National Coordinators (or countries) and/or national genebanks.
The European Database EFABIS is Europe´s Regional Node of the Domestic Animal Diversity Information System DAD-IS managed by FAO. EFABIS serves as an impartial platform for the distribution of national data provided by the European National Coordinators.