A series of webinars provides background information for the workshop. They are all available on the GenResBridge website as they are being ...More >
This June 3rd was published the Supplementing Regulation (EU) 2016/429 of the European Parliament and of the Council as regards the approval of ...More >
Exchange of recommendations of national advisory bodies on AnGR
Part of the work of the Working Group “In situ conservation and valorisation of AnGR” was to compile relevant documents from national advisory bodies about in situ conservation. A first set of documents can be found below, further documents will be added as new inputs will be sent from the National Coordinators.
- Development plan of the National Program for the conservation, improvement and promotion of livestock breeds (https://www.mapa.gob.es/es/ganaderia/temas/zootecnia/Plan%20Nacional%20Ingles%20Red_tcm30-119131.pdf, source: Zootechnical team of the General Subdirection of Means of Production of the Ministry of Agriculture, fisheries and food of Spain)
- a. Procedure for the inclusion of a breed in the Spanish catalogue of official livestock breeds (source: Zootechnical team of the General Subdirection of Means of Production of the Ministry of Agriculture, fisheries and food of Spain) Procedure PDF document and b.Criteria for considering a breed at risk of endangerment in the official catalogue of livestock Criteria PDF document
- Agrobiodiversity in Southeast Europe – Assessment and Policy Recommendations (source: Rivera F., Gaugitsch,H., Bartel A., Schindler S.) Agrobiodiversity South East PDF document
- Animal genetic resources and animal diseases – need for action for prevention and in the case of an acute disease outbreak (source: German Advisory Board on Animal Genetic Resources) Animal diseases PDF document
- Status, Problems and the Actions Needed on Conservation-Breeding Programmes for Indigenous Farm Animal Breeds Threatened by Extinction (source: German Advisory Board on Animal Genetic Resources) Actions Needed Conservation PDF document
- Activating Consumers for the Conservation of Biodiversity in Agriculture! (source: Scientific Advisory Board on Biodiversity and Genetic Resources at the Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture of Germany) Activating Consumers PDF document
The ERFP Working Group Ex situ Conservation has the primary responsibility for this issue. There should be further workshops with internal and external experts to further develop a concept for EUGENA. The ERFP Task Force for Access and Benefit Sharing should take over the development of draft standardized Material Transfer Agreements and Material Acquisition Agreements for further consideration by the Assembly of NCs. Additionally, Common Terms of Agreement and a model Letter of Agreement have to be developed. The objective is the advancement and finalization of the Genebank Network concept leading to establishment of the EUGENA by a formal agreement among National Coordinators (or countries) and/or national genebanks.
European Database EFABIS is managed by the regional node manager on behalf of both EAAP and ERFP. EFABIS serves as an impartial platform for the distribution of national data provided by the European National Coordinators or such national nodes as delegated by the National Coordinators for the task of editing and updating national data. EFABIS also serves for the European submission of animal genetic resources data to the FAO Domestic Animal Diversity Information System DAD-IS.